Perma-Fix has constructed Perma-Sort℠, the newest automated radiological characterization and segregation system for bulk materials. Drawing on our staff of project managers, nuclear engineers, and certified health physicists (CHPs) with more than 50 years of soil sorting experience, Perma-Fix built a customized conveyor-based radiological assay system designed to provide 100% characterization of material efficiently and with industry-leading measurement quality. Our system offers management of end-point uncertainty in regards to the characterization of both material exceeding the site acceptance criteria for transportation and disposal offsite and also material meeting the site unrestricted release criteria.
Trailer mounted system offering simple and rapid mobilization and setup.
Bulk Material Characterization and Segregation
100% assay of material using conveyor-based system. Material output can be discharged into virtually any container size or managed with takeaway conveyors.
Capable of processing > 200 tons of bulk material per hour. Software supports multiple material profiles for varying bulk material types.
- Industry leading radiological measurement quality. Network based software offering stakeholders remote oversight and quality assurance/quality control.
- Detector type(s), number, and configuration are customizable, depending on the site-specific requirements and contaminates of concern.
Characterization/Segregation of most any flowable material types:
- Shredded wood, metal, debris, DAW
- Crushed concrete and building material
Assay Objectives can support:
- FSS for Free Release
- Release with Industrial Controls
- Waste acceptance criteria for disposal
Supports a Broad range of contaminates:
- Fission products
- Heavy Metals
MEETS/EXCEEDS OSHA AND ANSI CONVEYOR STANDARDS:
- E-stop technology of conveyors
- Fall protection
- Audio and visual alarms for system operation and conveyor startup