Perma-Fix is able to manage and treat Class A, B, C and greater than Class C wastes. We use our expertise to ensure that treatment is conducted with the final end-state in mind so wastes are rendered compliant and acceptable for disposal. Perma-Fix has contracts and/or authorizations with all major federal and commercial radioactive waste disposal facilities in the United States, and completes approximately 600 shipments annually under Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations to the disposal facilities including:
- DOE Hanford Site disposal facilities – Environmental Restoration Disposal Facility (ERDF), Low-Level/Mixed-Low Level Burial Grounds;
- DOE Nevada National Security Site (NNSS) – Perma-Fix is a certified generator for MLLW and LLW disposal;
- DOE Oak Ridge Environmental Management Waste Management Facility (EMWMF);
- EnergySolutions Clive, UT facility;
- US Ecology Richland, WA facility; and,
- Industrial Landfills.
Perma-Fix became a certified generator at NNSS in 2006. We are one of the largest
shippers of LLW and MLLW into NNSS on behalf of DOE generators. With this
certification, we are able to receive and manage wastes under our own program at
our facilities thus saving our DOE clients cost of oversight of their wastes during
treatment and disposition. In addition, our certification can be mobilized to
client sites for those wastes that can be directly shipped to disposal. Perma-Fix
can provide trained and NNSS-approved personnel to ensure that wastes are profiled,
packaged, and shipped to disposal at NNSS under their stringent acceptance criteria.